Welcome to the Maremma Sheepdog Club of America!
The Maremma Sheepdog Club of America (MSCA) is dedicated to the protection, promotion and preservation of the working Maremma Sheepdog by providing breed and educational information to farmers, ranchers, breeders and owners.
Please visit the Member Forms page to become a Member of the MSCA and for other club forms.
Latest News from the MSCA
- NEW MEMBER ADS REQUIREMENT!
Starting October 1, 2018, all litters or puppies advertised on the “Members Ads” page must be out of dogs who have received permanent hip certification through OFA or PennHIP. Un-altered dogs over 24 months of age are required to have hip certification. Dogs who have been altered may still be advertised. Read more on the MEMBER ADS page.
- Gift Certificates Available in the MSCA Store! AVAILABLE ONLINE!!!
Looking for the perfect gift to give someone who has just added a new Maremma Sheepdog puppy to their home?
Individual and multiple gift certificates may be purchased and redeemed through the Maremma Sheepdog Club of America for membership, registration and other club fees. Gift Certificates can be in any denomination. Online ordering now available for $10, $25, $35, and $45 denominations!
Click HERE to order through the MSCA Store.
Click HERE to place an online order.
- MSCA National Maremma Rescue Stickers available NOW in the Online Store!
SUPPORT MAREMMA RESCUE! Maremma cling-on window stickers for your car, truck or home! 100% of the proceeds go towards Maremma rescue!
Click HERE to order!
- 2019 MSCA National Maremma Rescue Calendar available!
SUPPORT MAREMMA RESCUE! The 2019 MSCA National Maremma Rescue Calendar is filled with color photos of beautiful Maremma Sheepdogs! 100% of the proceeds go towards Maremma rescue! Click HERE to order!
- NEW ONLINE MSCA NEWSLETTER ADVERTISEMENT FORM!
Online form to put an ad in the upcoming MSCA Newsletter, The Maremma Guardian!
MSCA Members, and non-members, are welcome to advertise in the Newsletter (Advertisements must be within North America or US territories).
All Maremma Sheepdog advertisements must be MSCA Registered. Livestock ads are welcome.
Ads are subject to approval. Click here - Online MSCA Newsletter Advertisement Form
- MEMBERS BEWARE!
A member recently contacted the MSCA because of an email she received that said it was from the MSCA with a document to open. It was NOT from the MSCA. Please be cautious and mindful of email/internet scams. The MSCA will never send an email with a document you have to open from google docs or facebook docs or an attachment.
The MSCA will only send links to the official MSCA website if there is information for you to read. PLEASE double-check any suspicious emails/links you receive, even if they seem like they are from a trusted source. And if in doubt, please contact the MSCA BEFORE opening any links or documents.
- NEW Registration Inbreeding Rule - Please Read!
The mission of the Maremma Sheepdog Club of America is to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the Maremma Sheepdog breed, now and into the future. One way the MSCA actively protects the breed is by establishing and enforcing rules which govern registration.
(CLICK HERE TO READ MORE)
- BREEDER Incentives!
The MSCA would like to recognize those Breeders who are instrumental in educating their puppy buyers about recognizing the importance of hip testing and certification of their dogs – For every owner who submits proof of the puppy’s OFA/PennHIP hip certification, the Breeder of the puppy will receive a $5.00 credit towards their annual MSCA membership dues, up to the full yearly fee.
Download the OFA/PennHIP Certification Submission Form HERE!
- Get a FREE emailed MSCA pedigree!
Fill out the (click to download) "Pedigree Order Form" and mail or email it to the MSCA Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) and one will be emailed to you free of charge!
MSCA MEMBERS CAN ALSO GET A FREE MAILED PEDIGREE! Non-member fee for mailed pedigree is $5.00.
The Maremma Sheepdog Club of America is dedicated to educating about, and furthering, responsible and informed breeding practices.
The MSCA and Breeders should strive to work together towards the goal of healthier puppies now and in the future.
Any Maremma Sheepdog breeder can email the club secretary (email@example.com) and request a hypothetical pedigree (via email) of any two registered Maremmas being considered for mating, which will allow the breeder to evaluate inbreeding degree so as to make more informed decisions before breeding.
- THE MAREMMA SHEEPDOG HAS JOINED THE CHIC PROGRAM! CHIC, the “Canine Health Information Center”, is a database of consolidated health screening results. Sponsored by the OFA, CHIC works with parent clubs to identify health screening protocols appropriate for individual breeds. Dogs tested in accordance with the parent club established requirements, that have their results registered and made available in the OFA Online Database are issued CHIC numbers. CHIC is meant to encourage health testing and sharing of all results, normal and abnormal, so that more informed breeding decisions can be made in an overall effort to reduce the incidence of genetic disease and improve canine health. Participation in CHIC is entirely voluntary. Now Maremma owners can submit their dog's PennHIP results to the OFA Online Database! Click here for more information: MSCA CHIC PROGRAM
- NEW FOR 2016! MAREMMA HIP TESTING INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Have your MSCA registered Maremma's hips certified through OFA or PennHip and receive a $25 rebate check from the MSCA! Click "HERE" to learn more!
- MSCA SUSPENSION LIST
The mission of the Maremma Sheepdog Club of America (MSCA) is to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the Maremma Sheepdog breed. One way the MSCA actively protects the breeds is by establishing and enforcing rules which govern both the club and the members.
Misconduct prejudicial to the best interest of the club or the breed may result in an individual being suspended from all privileges of the club for up to 1 year; up to 5 years; or a life-time expulsion. Click here: MSCA SUSPENSIONS
- Please visit the MSCA Committees page if you are interested in becoming more involved in the MSCA!